Thursday 17 March 2016

Page 8



13 INT. COCKPIT. NIGHT
JOHN is busy pressing buttons on holographic displays all over. Motion Graphic controls are hovering in mid air. There is seemingly no cockpit and he appears to be floating in space between the stars.


JOHN (VOICEOVER)
Sadly, what we had is seemingly all
we're ever going to be able to
share.

JOHN starts moving has fingers in an irregular pattern, while letters start forming holographic words. He is typing.

CAM PULLS OUT
 

14 EXT. SPACE. NIGHT

WIDE: PULLOUT CONTINUES
The exterior of JOHN's spherical space ship becomes visible. It is a sophisticated dark but reflective alloy, that seems to have camouflage abilities, while the interior walls must consist of displays showing the pilot what's on the outside in every direction. The texture of the spaceship fades into the familiar metal with the symbols engraved, as seen at the beginning of the movie.

JOHN (VOICEOVER)
I don't know why I never told her
how I truly feel. Maybe I was just
too afraid it might all go away if
I start to acknowledge that it's
real.

The Space Command spaceships are designed in a spherical shape because this is the most perfect form from every aspect. The covering parts can shift in a complicated intricate pattern along the outer surface, depending on various specific situations but overall always remain
looking like a large floating ball.



 

15 EXT. CITY. DAY

MONTAGE: SEQUENCE OF URBAN CITY LIFE SHOTS
The human forces on earth have successfully fought of the previous K'harg attacks but with their main military force sent off to Gliese, everyone is starting to run out of stamina. There hasn't been an invasion in almost two months. Normality has almost re-entered everyday life between the ruins and devastation. For most at least. We observe LISA going about her regular business. Waiting for the train, picking up some take out food, etc.


LISA (VOICEOVER)
I thought I knew what I wanted,
until he entered my life. With him
gone it seems as if I had changed
while in fact it was the whole
world that had changed around me.

She once again checks her messages, like a bad habit or practically useless ritual.

 LISA (VOICEOVER) (cont'd)
Every single day, I promise myself
not to check but I can't. Even
though it's always the same
message.

FEMALE COMPUTER VOICE
You have zero new SpaceCom
messages.



No comments:

Post a Comment